McMaster University’s Nuclear facilities are operated in a manner that is consistent with public safety and within the terms of the facility licenses granted by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission and internal operating limits and conditions.
To achieve the objective of safe operation within a good safety culture, MNR applies the following safe practices to all areas:
- Changes require independent review and approval before implementation
- All work to be performed in compliance with the Work Control Program
- Any member of the work team shall refuse any order which contravenes approved procedures
- Good work management practices shall be implemented in all areas
- Good work control practices shall be implemented in all areas