The McMaster Nuclear Reactor offers complementary tours of the nuclear reactor facility to interested parties. Each tour is conducted by a trained guide or MNR staff member and is approximately 60 to 90 minutes in duration. Hours of operation are usually Monday- Friday, 13:00-16:00. Tours are subject to the following conditions:
- Each participant must present government-issued identification (driver's license, photo health card, passport, etc.) prior to embarking on the tour.
- There is a maximum of 10 persons per tour, with no more than 3 tours going through the reactor building at any given time.
- All tours require that a visitor information card be filled out; tour cards can be filled out in advance and are available here.
- If a participant is under the age of 18, the tour card must be filled out and signed by a parent or guardian.
- All participants must be at least 11 years old.
- All participants must wear closed-toe low-heeled shoes and long pants, (no sandals, high-heeled shoes, shorts or skirts).
- The reactor tour involves some enclosed spaces.
Participants' cellphones, cameras, backpacks etc. must be left in the reception office. Furthermore, MNR reserves the right to refuse admission at our discretion.
When arranging your visit to MNR, it is helpful to indicate your group's name and affiliation so that we may tailor the presentation to your group's age level and interest.
Thank you for your interest in MNR - we hope to see you soon!